Workshops are the perfect opportunity for you to get real, hands-on learning experience that will motivate and inspire you. By engaging in practical and informative exercises and discussions you will take away more from your time at LpS.
We have brought in the very best from lighting technologies, curating a program of workshops, where like-minded people will assemble to discuss a whole host of topics including for example Bluetooth IoT and Miniaturization. These workshops are specific to the conference themes and will be an insightful build-up to the main event.
The dynamic of a workshop is different to the format of the main conference sessions, allowing you to experience a new and inspiring way of learning as part of LpS. The groups will be smaller and more intimate and in some cases you can see what is being discussed during the events three days put into practice.
The close interactions during workshops, with other delegates from across industry and research, will generate new and exciting conversations that will encourage you to actively share and develop innovative and insightful visions and solutions for the future of lighting.
If you are not yet inspired to join a workshop, here are our top 3 reasons why workshops at LpS will work for you:
- Learn Something New
You can only learn so much from sitting reading expert’s blogs, whitepapers, books etc. You can learn a whole lot more from watching and interacting with these experts face to face. Attending a workshop, where the experts are speaking and demonstrating their skills, will allow you to ask them directly any questions you have and will give you the opportunity to learn something new.
- Get Inspired
Watching someone in their element and doing what they love can inspire you to take action. It could be that they inspire you to add something new to your business, to adapt a product or a lighting solution, to consider new applications or change the way you do things entirely! Whatever it is, meeting others who have been, and are successful in your industry, should inspire and motivate you to reach the same level of success.
- Keep Up to Date
Knowing what the latest news and trends are in your industry is key to ensuring you stay ahead of the curve and don’t fall behind. LpS will introduce and debate new trends/technologies that have recently come on the scene and our workshops will give you greater access to understanding and engaging with these new developments, placing you ahead of everyone who did not attend and giving you the advantage.
List of LpS 2017 Workshops and Forums:
– OLEDs – Bring Your Design to Light by OLED Works
– Bluetooth Mesh and IoT/Smart Control Panel Discussion by Silvair & Bluetooth SIG
– LiFi – Challenges and Opportunities of LiFi by Photonics Austria & Fraunhofer
– Visual Perception – Theory, Practical Demonstrations, Limitations by Bartenbach
– Design meets Technology – Architectural Lighting Design, Who does What? by APIL
– Award Ceremony & Expert Panel Debate on the Future of Light by Luger Research
– Science meets Application by Luger Research & Scientific Partner Network
– Miniturization of Solid State Lighting Systems by EPIC
– Lighting Up the Dark Corners of the Internet of Things – Live IoT Hacking Demonstration by PenTestPartners