The LED professional Symposium +Expo event will be conducted as a green meeting event! Therefore we ask all participants (visitors, attendees, exhibitors, etc.) to assist us in carrying out a green and sustainable event.
Please note the following points:
Visitors and Attendees:
- If possible please use environmentally friendly means of transportation (public transportation) to travel to the event location, or share a car.
- If you cannot or do not want to do without your car, or if you travel by plane, you can offset your CO2 emissions by means of compensation payments.
- If possible, choose an eco-labelled hotel (Austrian Eco-label, European Ecolabel, EMAS or others).
- Make use of the environmentally friendly offers at your hotel (change of towels and sheets only when needed or the like).
- Turn off all lights, electronic equipment (TV, air-conditioning, heating, computer etc.) when you leave the hotel room for longer periods of time.
- Reusability = environmental protection: Give preference to drinks served in a glass, meals served on tableware, or milk and sugar etc. without individual packaging.
- Dispose of your waste (PET, glass, paper, metal, batteries, etc.) via the separate collection systems provided at the hotel and at the event location.
- Use public transportation or walk.
- If possible, use online registration and/or digital materials instead of paper copies / hand outs.
- Use your own writing utensils.
- Return your name badges at the information desk after the event.
Exhibitors and Exhibition Stand Builders:
- Use reusable or recyclable materials.
- Use exclusively PVC-free materials.
- Use energy-saving lighting systems (LED systems, energy-saving lamps, automatic time and daylight control etc.).
- Avoid mass distribution of flyers or other printed matter, hand out printed matter only upon request or give preference to electronic information transfer (e.g. indicate links for download etc.).
- Use 100% recycling paper or at least paper bleached completely without the use of chlorine (TFC) for the required printed matter, or commission an environmentally certified printing company with the printing job according to the guidelines of the Austrian Eco-label.
- Dispose of your waste in the waste separation systems offered, according to the requirements of the event management.
- Do not offer giveaways. If this is not possible, use durable and/or reusable products made of environmentally sound materials (domestic wood, natural fibres) without synthetic individual packaging, without batteries, from fair trade, or with certified quality seals.
For any questions concerning the implementation of the Green Meeting event please contact:
Ms. Theresa Koenig
+43 5572 394 489 20
The event complies with the Austrian Eco-labelling criteria for Green Meetings/Events.