Partner: DK. DV. & SA Mason (1978-1999)
Owner/Operator: SA Mason Optometrists (1999-2016)
- 1974–1977: Bachelor of Optometry, University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia
- First Prize: Orthoptics and Binocular Vision
- 1978: Post Graduate Diploma in Ocular Diagnostic Drugs, UNSW.
- 1977–1998: Optometrist in private practice in regional Australia, (Kempsey, New South Wales): DK., DV. & SA. Mason
- 1984: Awarded Fellowship of the American Academy of Optometry, St Louis, Missouri
- 1993: Postgraduate Diploma in Ocular Therapeutics Drugs, UNSW
- 1998–2006: Established leading eye clinic; The Eye Practice, 44 Market St, Sydney, NSW encompassing disciplines of both ophthalmology and optometry.
- 2007: Awarded patent in ‘Authentication of Identity and Corneal Biometry’.
- 2010-2016: Owner and operator private practise, Mona Vale, Sydney, NSW.
- 2013: Awarded patent as co-inventor; ‘Multi-modal Authentication of Identity’ using iris and corneal features as unique feature sets.
- 2017: Filed for patents now pending for modified LED lighting to protect against myopia and reduce risk of retinal insult from long tern exposure to high-energy visible light.
- Past President of the Northern Region, Australian Optometrical Association
- Guest lecturer, School of Optometry, University of New South Wales
- Guest lecturer and tutor, Ocular Therapeutics Programme, University of New South Wales
- Guest lecturer, Optometrists Association of Australia
All session by Mason Dr., Stephen Archer
25 Sep 2018
26 Sep 2018
WORKSHOP – Wellness Real Estate, New Challenges in Healthy Lighting Requirements in the Built Environment
26 Sep 2018