Hightech am Tiroler Lech – High End Optics Made in Tyrol
kdg. This is 30 years of experience in high precision optical injection moulding in the heart of the lighting Lechtal/Tyrol. Initially starting with CD to finally arriving with our youngest division, kdg opticomp, in the third dimension, manufacturing high precision optical components for all kind of LED applications techniques with a particular focus on the replication of micro and nanostructures on planar and curved surfaces. As kdg opticomp we don’t just offer tailor-made optics, we also serve our customers with well-established expertise in both thermoplastics and project management. And this is precisely how you should experience our offering: compact, resounding and brilliant together – simply kdg.
Our core business are definitely customised optics: from optic concept, to realisation of the prototype, to its serial production. But production-oriented optic design is only one thing. In order that you really have something to celebrate at the end of the optical design development process, the real essentials – i.e. design, tool-making, injection moulding and engineering must be perfectly coordinated from the outset by an experienced project manager. This is exactly where kdg opticomp comes in.
In short kdg opticomp doesn’t just convey a grounded expertise in high-end manufacturing. What really sets us apart is our start-up spirit and our perception of ourselves as creative innovators with the aim of continuously combining the tried-and-tested with the new.
– Free-form lenses and reflectors, optical fibres, diffraction gratings
– Customised optics for medical and sensor technology, general and technical lighting
– Production-oriented optical design
– In-house tool design
– Cost-optimised tool manufacture for injection and compression moulding with high-end hand polishing or ultra-precision processing
– The shortest cycle times by parallelization of production steps
– Mould-flow analyses to determine realistic tolerances
– Prototyping and measurement